Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome to Mel's Blog 2.0!

Sorry for the confusion. I don't have multiple personalities that write two separate blogs; I have simply switched to this one because I like it better.

I know you were worried. Er--so anyway.

This new blog idea came to me (as all my best ideas do) at approximately 1 something in the morning. Such is life.

Since my mind is obsessively literary anyway, I have decided to take advantage of that fact and provide you with entertainment from within the dark and twisting passages of my brain. I tend to see life in symbols to the point where I become paranoid when I see a raven (catch that allusion?) lurking on my back porch roof. Yes, ravens lurk. Ever since that poem.

Now for a fair warning: because I myself am somewhat inconsistent, this blog will by no means be consistently about literary stuff all the time. That would be boring, I understand. However, feel free to connect my non-literary posts to literary stuff anyway and create your very own Freudian/Jungian/Feminist theory about my basic psychotic makeup. Your call.

On a literary side note, the ocean here in Chucktown was three different colors today when I went to the beach. Also, I saw a porpoise out there. Those happen to be symbols both of change and of saving lives. Fun fact. A symbol of my inconsistency and sudden blog change that will actually save lives??? Or not. I just wanted to have something literary to kick us off. Make of it what you will. I just thought it was awesome, and I might write a poem about it.

Alright then, that's enough of that! Hope you enjoy the new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment